Every music fan desires an autographed poster or t-shirt from their favorite band or artist, but the people who bought the following items take fandom to a whole other level. Here's our list of the Top 5 Strangest Pieces of Rock and Roll Memorabilia.
1. John Lennon’s Tooth – Lennon’s tooth was allegedly acquired when he handed it to his former housekeeper with the instructions to throw it away, though also told her she could keep it if she wanted. She decided to do that latter, and the tooth stayed in her family for half a century before her daughter sold it at an auction in 2011. The tooth was expected to sell for £10,000 ($16,000), but went for almost double that amount.
2. Elvis Presley’s Hair – A tuft of the King’s infamous hair was sold for $115,000 at an auction in Chicago in 2002.
3. Elton John’s Toaster – Elton John and his ex-wife, Renate Blauel, received an engraved toaster on their wedding day in February 1984. Apparently neither was too fond of toast, because they didn’t keep it. It later was auctioned for $1,328.13.
4. The Keys to Ozzy Osbourne’s Quad Bike – After a nearly fatal accident in 2003, Ozzy apparently decided he wouldn’t be driving his quad bike anymore. The keys were among several items the Osbournes sold for charity in 2007.
5. Guns N’ Roses’ Dryer – Nothing says Rock and Roll like clean laundry! The GNR road crew auctioned off the band's dryer when they uncovered it while cleaning out their warehouse. The group reportedly used it on tour in the 80s and it even came with a road case! The dryer/case sold for $300.00 on eBay.