General Contest Rules
Rules apply to all Station contests unless specified otherwise in the specific Contest Rules.
NO PURCHASE OR OTHER CONSIDERATION IS NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS CONTEST; PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. All entrants must be at least 18 years old and legal residents of the United States, residing or working in WROR's terrestrial listening area.
2. Employees (including any member of their immediate and extended families and members of the same household) of Greater Boston Radio, Inc., its affiliates (including WMJX, WKLB, WBOS, WTKK), promotional sponsors, advertising and promotional agencies who do business with WROR, and other radio stations are not eligible to participate in any contest presented by WROR.
3. A winner will be disqualified if he/she or a member of his/her household has won a Station contest with a value over $50.00 within the previous 60 days.
4. One entry per person; multiple entries will disqualify the entrant. No purchase or other consideration is necessary to participate in this contest. Void where prohibited.
Prize(s): 1. All prizes, unless otherwise stated, must be picked up at the Station's studios at 55 Morrissey Blvd., Boston, MA 02125 during normal business hours of 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM, Monday through Friday. If a prize is mailed to the winner, the station is not responsible for failure to perform on the part of the US Postal Service or any other delivery service.
2. Prizes will be released to winners only. Winners are required to present a valid photo ID and social security number in order to pick up any prize. Additionally, ALL winners are required to sign a Winner's Release relieving the Station, Greater Boston Radio, Inc., its parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents and contest sponsors from any and all liability with respect to the receipt and/or use of the prize. Any person who refuses to sign the Release will forfeit the contest prize.
3. Station reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for all contests and giveaways. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. No substitution, transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
4. Prizes not claimed within 30 days of being awarded, or in the case of a time sensitive prize, within its period of usability, shall be considered forfeited and will become property of Station. Such prize may be disposed of at the discretion of Station Management.
5. Winners will receive a federal Form 1099 from Greater Boston Radio, Inc. and are responsible for paying all applicable local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes.
1. The station is not responsible for any entries and/or telephone calls that are misdirected, lost, disconnected, not received, or illegible.
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU'RE PLAYING THE WROR AUDIO STREAM YOU MAY EXPERIENCE A DELAY UP TO ONE MINUTE
2. Entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. Entries that are determined by Station Management to be fraudulent will be void and the person making such an entry barred from further participation in that and any future contest. All entries become the property of Greater Boston Radio and will not be acknowledged or returned.
3. Station Management shall be the sole arbiters in all matters relating to the contest and the interpretation of contest rules. The decisions of Station Management shall be final. Entry into station contests constitutes agreement by contestant to abide by these rules, as well as any other specific contest rules established by Station. Failure to conform to all contest rules, or any fraud or other illegal or inappropriate conduct on the part of a contestant, will result in the contestant's disqualification and forfeiture of any prize won.
4. By participating in this contest, each contestant hereby consents to Station and Greater Boston Radio using the contestant's name, voice, likeness, biographical information, his/her participation in the contest, and the substance of the contestant's telephone call for on-air broadcast and for advertising and promotional purposes. Contestant agrees that no additional compensation will be paid for such usage.
5. Odds of winning depend on the number of correct and/or eligible entries received and/or the particular type of contest being run. All tie-breaking procedures (if applicable) will be set forth in the individual contest rules.
6. Copies of written contest rules and the list of winners are available during regular business hours at 55 Morrissey Blvd., Boston, MA 02125.
7. Station contests are subject to all applicable laws and regulations and are void where prohibited. Station, Greater Boston Radio, its parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents, contest sponsors and affiliated companies, and advertising and promotion agencies accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from (a) participation in the contest and/or (b) the acceptance, possession and/or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
8. Station reserves the right to change, alter or modify these rules at any time with or without written notice. These are general contest rules, and rules for individual contests may vary. To the extent that any individual contest rules differ from these rules set forth herein, the individual contest rules will govern and control.
9. Station reserves the right to end or stop any contest at any time and for any reason.
10. Station reserves the right to rule ineligible listeners who, in Station's sole judgment, engage in abusive conduct with respect to any contest or promotion conducted by Station or its affiliates.
11. 105.7 WROR undertakes no liability or responsibility, and makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to the performance of the prize(s) awarded, for any failure to perform or negligent performance of any service provider, or for any other risk, incident or damage, direct or indirect, relating to or arising out of the contest, including (but not limited to) cancellations, postponements, delays or other scheduling changes; missed events or connections or inability of winner to attend; and accident, injury, damage or expense arising from or occurring during the use of the prize, or travel to/from or attendance at any event relating to the contest, by the winner and/or winner's guest(s).
12. 105.7 WROR is not responsible for damage to a prize or loss of a prize after the prize has been claimed. Winners must inspect their prizes before leaving the station.
13. 105.7 WROR is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failure or malfunctions, lost or unavailable network or other telecommunications connections, or lost, late, damaged, illegible, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled, disconnected, or delayed contest entries or communications, whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in this contest, or by any human error which may occur in the execution of this contest.
105.7 WROR (www.wror.com) does not collect personally identifiable information about our website visitors other than that which is voluntarily supplied on contest and giveaway entry forms or as part of registration for the 105.7 WROR Database. The information supplied is completely confidential and will be accessible only to a few select employees of 105.7 WROR and our parent corporation Greater Media, Inc. Individuals who volunteer this information may receive communications from 105.7 WROR, including but not limited to email, with updates about our programming and promotions and occasional offers of value. Individuals wishing to remove their information from our files may do so at any time by clicking here
105.7 WROR conforms to the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act. No one under the age of 13 is permitted to provide personal information to 105.7 WROR via the Internet.
The 105.7 WROR website uses software that gathers statistical data about visitors and their use of this website. We use this data to improve www.wror.com's functionality, content and user experience. We do not identify individual users from this data.
The 105.7 WROR website may use cookie technology. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have visited and/or returned to a specific page. This lets us determine which pages of the 105.7 WROR website are most heavily visited and which are not. Cookies do not allow us to personally identify a visitor. If you are interested in cookie technology, you may want to read the following articles elsewhere on the Web:
About.com Cookies Guide
How Stuff Works - How Cookies Work
www.wror.com contains links to many websites whose policies may differ from the above-described policies. Some of these links appear as banner advertising. 105.7 WROR is not responsible for the information or privacy policies of websites other than www.wror.com.
If you have any questions regarding privacy on www.wror.com, please email the webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes in this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here or by means of a notice on our home page.
105.7 WROR uses, at a minimum, industry standard and commercially reasonable efforts to maintain the security and integrity of its website. However, we disclaim all liability for any delays, errors, viruses, or other technical problems you may experience when using the Internet, whether or not resulting directly from our website. Please let us know if you encounter any difficulties or technical issues while visiting www.wror.com, and we will attempt to address them in a timely manner. By using this website, you acknowledge and agree that 105.7 WROR undertakes no liability or responsibility, and makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to the performance of the website, for any failure to perform or negligent performance of any service provider, or for any other risk, incident, damage or expense, direct or indirect, relating to or arising out of your use of the website. 105.7 WROR is not responsible for the failure or malfunction of any telecommunications or computer system, or for lost, late, or misdirected Internet commmunications.