Loren & Wally’s “Wonder Mother Contest” – Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR OTHER CONSIDERATION IS NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS CONTEST; PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING.
How to Enter for a Chance to Win
You may enter on behalf of yourself or to nominate a mother figure in your life (with your nominee’s permission). If entering on behalf of someone else, please submit contact information for both you and the nominee. Also, if you are entering on behalf of someone else and that person is selected as a finalist, both you and your nominee must attend the Live Studio Audience described below to be eligible to win the Grand Prize.
Beginning April 21, 2015, eligible Listener Advisory Board members (see “Eligibility” section below) can visit www.wror.com to fill out an entry form and questionnaire, and submit a recent photograph of the entrant or a mother figure in his/her life (with permission) (maximum file size 1MB). Join the Listener Advisory Board at wror.com; there is no charge to join. Questionnaires must be completed online, but entries will also be accepted by mail or drop-off at WROR Wonder Mother Contest, 55 Morrissey Blvd., Boston, MA 02125. Entries should include the entrant’s (and nominee’s, if applicable) name, address, phone number, and date of birth, as well as a recent photo no smaller than 3X5 and no larger than 8X10. All photos should be in good taste and must be photographs of the entrant or the mother being entered into the contest, either alone or with her child(ren). Entries will be accepted until 2pm ET on Friday, May 1, 2015. All approved images will be posted on www.wror.com; WROR reserves the right to disqualify entries in its sole discretion. Images will be posted daily throughout the contest entry period with first name and last initial of the pictured mother, completed questionnaire and public rating mechanism at www.wror.com. Listeners will be invited to rate the entries to help WROR select the Top 5 Wonder Mothers finalists.
After 2pm on Friday, May 1, 2015, the WROR staff will select the Top 5 Wonder Mothers finalists, taking into account the ratings and any other relevant factors as determined in their sole discretion. The Top 5 Wonder Mothers finalists will be contacted by WROR staff and invited to the Friday, May 8, 2015 Loren & Wally Live Studio Audience at 55 Morrissey Blvd., Boston, MA. Beginning at 4pm on Friday, May 1, 2015, Listener Advisory Board Members can vote to help choose Boston’s Wonder Mother. Online voting will take place at wror.com from Friday, May 1, 2015 at 4pm through Friday, May 8, 2015 at 8am. LAB Members may vote once every 24 hours. WROR judges will take listener votes into account when selecting the Wonder Mother winner, but voting results may not be determinative. Grand prize winner will be announced during the Loren & Wally Live Studio Audience event on Friday, May 8, 2015, between 8:45am and 9am. Finalists must be in attendance at the event to win (mothers and entrants, if the finalist was nominated by someone else). WROR reserves the right to select finalists and the grand prize winner in its sole discretion.
WROR reserves the right to post submitted pictures on www.wror.com. Entry into this contest constitutes entrant’s (1) representation that s/he owns the submitted photo or has all rights and approvals necessary to use the photo as described in these rules; and (2) full permission for WROR to post the photo submission online at www.wror.com for voting and promotional purposes.
NOTE: Prizes will be awarded to the Wonder Mothers finalists and winner only. Any entrant who nominated someone else as a Wonder Mother will NOT receive a prize.
Five (5) Finalist Prizes will be awarded. Prize is TBD.
Approximate retail value of finalist prize is TBD.
One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded: A 5-night trip for two to Aruba, including all-inclusive hotel accommodations and roundtrip base airfare (excluding government taxes and fees; see below).
Terms of Hotel Stay:
- 5 night stay for two adults in Deluxe Oceanfront accommodations at Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive. Rates include all meals and snacks, all beverages (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic) as well as all hotel taxes and service charges. Guests have full exchange privileges to the Divi Aruba All Inclusive located just next door. Surcharges apply to optional amenities, including (without limitation) wi-fi and spa services. Retail value is $2815.00
- Hotel booking is subject to availability. Travel must be completed between the dates of May 15, 2015 and December 18, 2015. Prize travel dates will not extend beyond this timeframe. Prizewinner will be asked to provide 3 sets of potential travel dates for confirmation. There are no specific blackout dates at this time – however all dates are subject to hotel availability. Ground transportation, transfers, travel insurance and incidentals as well as any other expenses not specified within the prize letter are the sole responsibility of the winner. Any additional guests including children who may travel are subject to additional charges.
- Prize winner is solely responsible for all applicable fees, federal state and local taxes which may be associated with prize receipt. Prize is non-transferrable, non-assignable, nonrefundable and must be accepted as awarded. It must be redeemed in its entirety (no portion may be redeemed separately) No date changes are allowed once stay dates are confirmed and booked. No substitutions may be made, except by the Prize Supplier, who reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute the Prize with another prize of greater or equal value. Prize winner and traveling companion must have valid US passports for identification upon check in and must present the original prize letter at that time.
Terms of Airfare:
- Prize will be awarded in the form of two (2) JetBlue Certificates for Round Trip Airfare. Retail value is $598 each.
- Each Travel Certificate is good for one-time use by one person in accordance with the travel restrictions identified on or in connection with the Certificate. All travel must be booked and flown within the specified validity dates. In the event that a Travel Certificate does not include dates of validity, the Certificate shall be good for travel booked and flown within one (1) year of the date of issuance. If specific flights or departures/destinations are not identified on or in connection with the Travel Certificate, the Certificate may only be redeemed for one-way JetBlue flights to/from JetBlue cities. (Not all JetBlue cities connect; call 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2538) for information on connecting cities.) Redeemed travel is subject to availability, blackout dates, and capacity controls (flights to/from Caribbean destinations subject to heightened capacity controls), and seats may not be available on all flights. Flight schedules are subject to change without notice. Certificate is not valid for bookings on partner airlines or code share or interline flights or for use in connection any other products or services, except that Certificate may be applied towards the air portion of a JetBlue Getaways vacation package. Certificate is transferable; however, at no time may it be purchased, sold, bartered, traded on an auction website or otherwise exchanged for value without prior written consent from JetBlue. Certificate cannot be partially redeemed, is not redeemable for cash, and has no cash value. Passengers are subject and entitled to all provisions of JetBlue’s Contract of Carriage. See http://www.jetblue.com/p/jetblue/_coc.pdf for details.
- Government taxes and fees apply to travel booked using a Certificate, are the responsibility of the passenger, and will vary based on route. Taxes and fees may include, without limitation, Passenger Facility Charges of up to $9 each way; September 11 Security Fees of up to $5 each way; Federal Segment Taxes of $3.80 per domestic segment; U.S. Arrival/Departure Tax of $16.70 each way for Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands travel; U.S. government excise tax of $8.40 per departure for Alaska and Hawaii travel; government fees and taxes up to $120.80 each way for international travel; and a Value Added Tax of up to $212.28 each way for Barbados, Colombia, Mexico, Dominican Republic, and Costa Rica travel. Government taxes/fees are subject to change as required by law. Passenger also is solely responsible for fees for oversized, overweight or extra baggage and fees for products/services sold separately, such as Even More Space seats, pet fees, in-flight movies, etc. To view baggage fees and other optional services and fees, see http://www.jetblue.com/legal/fees/.
- A Travel Certificate may be redeemed only by calling 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583) and providing the authorization number and PIN number included on the Certificate. Travel Certificates may not be redeemed at airport ticket counters or online. The authorization number and/or PIN number cannot be replaced if lost or stolen (except as required by law), and JetBlue is not responsible for lost or stolen Travel Certificates, authorization numbers or PIN numbers. Customers will not be able to redeem their Travel Certificate without both the authorization and PIN numbers. Redeemed travel is not eligible for TrueBlue points. (TrueBlue is JetBlue’s loyalty program.) JetBlue’s change/cancel policies (including certain change/cancel fees) apply. If you are a no-show for your flight or do not cancel prior to scheduled departure, you will forfeit the Certificate(s) and all money associated with the reservation. Additional terms and restrictions apply. See http://www.jetblue.com/legal/ for details.
Approximate retail value of Grand Prize package is: $4,011.00
WROR reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute any prize with one of equal or greater value. Prize winners may not request prize substitution. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be claimed or used by any person other than the winner. Winners must claim their prizes by completing all required paperwork in person at the Greater Media Boston office within thirty (30) days after the end of the contest. Prizes not claimed by this time will be forfeited.
All entrants (or their nominees) must be a person with parental responsibilities who is celebrated on Mother’s Day and who is at least 21 years old and a legal resident of the United States, living or working in the Boston metro survey area (as defined by Nielsen Audio). Entrants must be a member of the WROR Listener Advisory Board. Employees (including their immediate families and members of the same household) of Greater Media Boston, its affiliates, promotion sponsors/prize providers, advertising and promotional agencies who do business with WROR or any of the promotion sponsors, and other radio stations in the Boston metro survey area are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents and legal guardians, children and legal wards, grandparents, and grandchildren, including “in-laws.” Limit one entry per Wonder Mother; multiple entries may result in disqualification. Void where prohibited.
By participating, all entrants agree to release and hold harmless the promotion sponsors, prize providers, WROR, Greater Boston Radio, Inc., and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability and any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this contest and any prize won. Winners will be required to sign a form releasing WROR and the above mentioned entities from all liability in connection with the contest and the award and use of the prize before claiming the prize.
WROR undertakes no liability or responsibility, and makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to the performance of the prize(s) awarded, for any failure to perform or negligent performance of any service provider, or for any other risk, incident or damage, direct or indirect, relating to or arising out of the contest, including (but not limited to) cancellations, postponements, delays or other scheduling changes; missed events or connections or inability of winner to attend; dissatisfaction with results; inclement weather; and accident, injury, damage or expense arising from or occurring during or as a result of the use of the prize, or travel to/from or attendance at any event relating to the contest, by the winner and/or winner’s guest(s). WROR is not responsible for damage to a prize or loss of a prize or prize certificate after it has been claimed. Winner must inspect prize before leaving the station. WROR is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failure or malfunctions, lost or unavailable network or other telecommunications connections, or late, incomplete, garbled, disconnected, or delayed contest entries or communications, whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in this contest, or by any human error which may occur in the execution of this contest. If, for any reason, the contest is not capable of being conducted as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bug, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or other causes beyond the control of WROR, Station reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest and/or determine an alternate method of awarding the prize(s).
Entry into any contest constitutes full permission for WROR and promotion sponsors/prize providers and their respective affiliates to broadcast and/or to photograph or publish the participant's name, voice, recorded comments, biographical information, face and likeness, in any medium, without compensation.
If required by applicable law, Greater Boston Radio, Inc. will report the total value of each prize to the IRS and will furnish winners with a federal Form 1099. Winners may be required to provide their social security number to Greater Boston Radio, Inc. for tax reporting purposes, and are solely responsible for payment of all taxes incurred as a result of the award of a prize.
Failure to conform to all contest rules, or any fraud or other illegal or inappropriate conduct on the part of a contestant or on a contestant’s behalf, will result in the contestant's disqualification and forfeiture of any prize won. WROR reserves the right to make changes in the contest rules at any time, which changes will become effective upon announcement. By taking part in this contest, participants agree to be bound by these rules and all decisions of the judges, who are employees of Greater Boston Radio, Inc. and whose decisions with respect to all aspects of the contest are final and binding. Copies of written contest rules and the list of winners are available during regular business hours at Greater Media Boston’s offices, 55 Morrissey Blvd., Boston, MA 02125 for 60 days after the contest concludes. Contest is void where prohibited by law.
As a condition to participating in this contest, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and all causes of action arising out of or in connection with this contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Boston, Massachusetts having competent jurisdiction, which court shall apply the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without regard to the conflicts of law principles thereof. The entrant and Station hereby waive any and all right to trial by jury. If any provision of these Official Rules is declared or found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, unenforceable or void, then such provision will be null and void but each other provision hereof not so affected will be enforced to the full extent permitted by applicable law.
All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
Sponsor: Greater Boston Radio, Inc. d/b/a WROR, 55 Morrissey Blvd., Boston, MA 02125