The days of summer may be wasting away, but your waistline has been doing the opposite! So while the kids go back to school, Planet Fitness and WROR want you to get BACK TO FIT! Tell us about how you plan to get back into a healthy regiment through diet and exercise this fall, and you'll have the chance to win a Planet Fitness gift card!
Get Back to Fit at Planet Fitness and by spicing up your lunch with these Healthy Lunch Box Ideas:
Pick Your Pocket!
- Almond butter and honey pocket sandwich
- Steamed carrots & asparagus
- Sliced apples
Fruit Roll Up!
- Roll-up sandwich
- Pasta salad
- Fruit salad
- Half bagel with low-fat cream cheese, smoked salmon, and a face made of raisin eyes, cashew nose, and an apple smile
- Pan-fried potatoes & herbs
Can't get away from work to make it to Planet Fitness today? That's ok, try these fun exercise at your desk! (lifehack.org, by Thursday Bram)
- Toe raises. Lift your toes while keeping your heels firmly on the ground. While you can do this exercise standing, it works very well while seated.
- Football foot drill. At practice, football players practice rapidly tapping their feet in place, simulating a run. Do the same thing while seated, for 30 seconds at a go.
- Hip flexions. While sitting in your chair, lift your right foot a few inches off of the floor. Keep your knee bent at a 90 degree angle and hold the position as long as you are comfortable.
- Leg extensions. While sitting in your chair, extend your right leg until it is level with your hip. Hold as long as you are comfortable and then relax it. Alternate sides.
- Arm pump. Pump both of your arms over your head for 30 seconds.
- Shoulder raises. Raise your shoulder to your ear, hold and then relax. Repeat, alternating shoulders.
- Wrist stretch. Stretch your arm out in front of you with the palm up. With your other hand, grab your fingers and lightly pull them down to stretch your forearm.
- Hand stretches. Tense and relax the muscles in your hands. Make fists, spread your fingers and bend your fingers.
- Flapping wings. Stretch both of your arms up and back, as far as you can. Bring them forward until they meet and stretch your arms out in front of you. Repeat.
- Water bottle weights. Use a full water bottle as weight to increase the difficulty of your work out. You can do front raises, overhead presses and bicep curls with a water bottle.
General contest ruley apply-
5 Planet Fitness annual memberships gift cards to be awarded. 5 winners to be picked/1 gift card per winner. Contest closes August 26, 2012 at 11:59pm.